The Montessori School was established in 1943 under the sole proprietorship of Mrs. Latika Roy, founder, until 31st March 1992. From 1st April 1992, it was operating under the management of the The Montessori School had modest start with only 3-children from ‘The Doon School’ campus. Mrs Latika Roy was the patron who received her training from Madame Maria Montessori and named it as The Montessori School, and the name continues today. It is one of the oldest school and has its own place amongst the Prestigious Schools in the “School City” Dehradun.
In March 2004 the new management took over the reins, the school has further progressed since then almost in every discipline to cater to the varied interest of the student.
The School is affiliated to the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi and has its own place amongst the good schools in the School City Dehradun.